Holistic Gentle Yoga & Meditation for Women:
All classes 90 minutes ~
Term Dates & Fee 2019:
Term 1: 30/01/19 – 06/04/19
- $200.00 10 weeks
Term 2: 24/04/19 – 29/06/19
- $200.00 10 weeks
Term 3: 24/07/19 – 21/09/19
- $200.00 10 weeks
Term 4: 09/10/19 – 21/12/19
- $220.00 11 weeks
* Casual attendance $25 per class. Please check availability of space for that week, they cannot be booked in advance. The fee for the chosen class is to be paid at time of booking by direct deposit (bank details will be supplied) or cash.
* Payment for classes can be made by direct deposit prior to commencement, bank details will be supplied at time of booking.
* Please provide 24 hours notice if unable to attend classes.
When and Where?
The Yoga class timetable runs during the school terms and can be joined at any time, space permitting. The yoga studio is situated at 294A Napier Street, Bendigo, opposite Lake Weeroona, (down the service road behind Bendigo Animal Hospital).
For all enquires and to book a class please contact Gwynn Stewart:
Who is the class for?
I have designed the classes to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of women, to be energising, nourishing and restorative. Through the practice of Pranayama (breathing techniques), Asana (postures) and Meditation, balance is restored within. If a posture is challenging for someone I will always seek to provide modification where possible to suit the needs of the individual. Where modification is unsuitable you will be encouraged to use visualisation. Please contact me with any questions or concerns. There are no pre-requisites to join a class as they are suitable for ladies familiar or experienced in the practice of yoga and beginners. The advantage of a small class is I am able to be mindful of each individual supporting them to feel part of the group. Together we care and support each other. It really is a class you can let go and relax in.
Holistic Gentle Yoga & Meditation:
Through the guidance of the Eight Limbs of Yoga we will explore gentle postures (Asana), breath awareness (Pranayama), Meditation (Dhyana) including Yoga Nidra. You will be encouraged to focus on the flow of your breath throughout the class as this creates a meditative practice. By using the breath as your guide and tuning into and listening to your body’s needs encourages a body, mind and Spirit connection. It is through this deeper connection balance is restored within us. The practice of Yoga and Meditation establishes equilibrium within to allow you to shine your inner light. Meditation practiced regularly has the ability to alter the wiring of the brain to establish new pathways, along with it a greater sense of peace.
What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is a relaxation practice that promotes the withdrawal of the senses (Pratyahara) from external stimuli to maintain a quiet stillness within while our consciousness remains alert through concentration (Dharana), known as the state between sleep and wakefulness. This promotes a deep state of physical, mental and emotional relaxation within the body and mind, leaving you feeling calm, refreshed and mentally alert. A twenty minute Yoga Nidra is said to be equivalent to two hours sleep.
* Please remove your shoes before entering the room
* Please refrain from wearing perfume due to allergies and sensitivities
* Yoga is a personal journey, so please be respectful and mindful of others in the class. The class is not suitable for children, please make arrangements for their care
* The studio is a mobile free zone. Please ensure your phone is on aeroplane mode & silent or don’t bring it to class
* Allow yourself enough time to be settled before the class begins
* If the class has begun, please enter quietly so as not to disturb anyone
* Please provide 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend class
* Wear comfortable clothing
* Drink bottle
* Yoga mat – if you have one, otherwise I have mats available for use. I also stock The Clean Eco Yoga Mat which is available for purchase before and after class or contact me to arrange a different time.