Important Covid-19 Update:
Due to the restrictions only Online Yoga Classes are available and can be booked through the booking tool below. I will keep you posted as to when in-studio classes will resume.
Online classes enable you to still enjoy your yoga and catch up with our wonderful community in the safety and comfort of your own home. Set the mood with a candle and some soft music in a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed. Grab your mat and a blanket and whatever else you need (check the ‘what you will need’ list at the bottom of the page) and enjoy 90 minutes of personal time to restore balance within.
Classes are recorded so if you are unable to attend online a Zoom recording of the class can be emailed to you.
As a bonus for all bookings an audio recording of the meditation (for you to keep) will be emailed to you each week.
Thank you for your support. Take care and stay safe.
Holistic gentle yoga & meditation for women: 90min
- 9.30am – Online
- 9.30am – In-studio (not available)
- 9.00am – Online
- 9.00am – In-studio (not available)
Class term dates:
- Term 3 Classes: 15/07/20 – 19/09/20 (10 weeks)
- Term Break Classes: 21/09/20 – 03/10/20 (2 weeks)
- Term 4 Classes: 07/10/20 – 12/12/20 (10 weeks)
- 10 class pass $200.00
- 5 class pass $115.00
- Casual pass $25.00
Participating, when & where:
Classes are held during the school term. Bookings are essential as I offer small classes, so places are limited. You can check availability and book a class using the booking tool below by selecting the following…
- Current term
- Class Pass
- Classes you wish to attend.
- When booking multiple classes at once please ensure you select the + Add Session button to continue your bookings.
- Confirm your booking ensuring all your details are correct.
- Payment for your class pass is required as part of the booking process. Account details are supplied with your booking confirmation. If you don’t receive your confirmation email please check your spam and junk folder before contacting me to check your details.
- Class passes are valid for the current term only. Any changes to your classes can be made through selecting Manage Booking. A class can not be changed or cancelled within 24 hours of the class time. All changes or cancellations need to be made prior to this.
- Please contact me if you need assistance or are unsure about booking yourself in and I can do it for you ~ Gwynn Stewart 0409970379
The yoga studio is situated at 294A Napier Street, Bendigo, opposite Lake Weeroona, (down the service road behind Bendigo Animal Hospital).
Book a class:
Holistic gentle yoga & meditation:
Breathe, move and meditate with me through the exploration of pranayama, asana and meditation under the guidance of the Eight Limbs of Yoga. I believe that we are all seeking some sort of connection and that can only be discovered by looking within. Yoga is the practice of mindfulness experienced through observation, acceptance and surrender. It’s not always easy to let go, but we must learn to so we can continue to grow and blossom. It’s about accessing that quiet stillness that we each hold within us that can sometimes be elusive and challenging to experience. It’s learning to question everything with a loving and open acceptance and compassion. Yoga is a holistic spiritual practice that encompasses body, mind and spirit creating union. Holistic gentle yoga and meditation for women is a journey of Self discovery, nourishment and renewal in order to restore balance within. I would be delighted to be your guide.
Who is the class for?
I have designed the yoga classes to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of women, to be energising, nourishing and restorative. Through the practice of Pranayama (breathing techniques), Asana (postures) and Meditation, balance is restored within. If a posture is challenging for someone I will always seek to provide modification where possible to suit the needs of the individual. Where modification is unsuitable you will be encouraged to use visualisation.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns. There are no pre-requisites to join a class as they are suitable for ladies familiar or experienced in the practice of yoga and beginners. The advantage of a small class is I am able to be mindful of each individual supporting you to feel part of the group. Together we care and support each other. It really is a class you can let go and relax.
A very popular part of the class ranging between 20 – 30 minutes duration. In Meditation you will lay on your back in Shavasana, snuggled under a blanket or shawl with an eye pillow draped over your eyes. Where you will be taken on a journey to the place between breath where all is quiet and still. Where you become the witness, the observer of your experience. Relaxing body and mind while encompassing Spirit. Surrendering into Being.
Meditation is the practice of remaining present with whatever arises within as the observer. Through accepting and allowing the present moment to unfold with a gentle awareness without resistance or grasping. To be aware of thoughts coming and going and noticing when your mind has pulled you out of awareness and into the story. To meditate is to sit in the essence of who you are warts and all with love and compassion. It is said that prayer is talking to God/Spirit/Universe and that meditation is listening. It’s time to hear the whispers of your heart.
Yoga Nidra is a form of meditation and relaxation practice that promotes the withdrawal of the senses (Pratyahara) from external stimuli to maintain a quiet stillness within while our consciousness remains alert through concentration (Dharana), known as the state between sleep and wakefulness. This promotes a deep state of physical, mental and emotional relaxation within the body and mind, leaving you feeling calm, refreshed and mentally alert. Known as the yogic sleep, a twenty minute Yoga Nidra is said to be equivalent to two hours sleep.
- Covid-19 protocol is to be followed at all times, including social distancing and hand washing/sanitising.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the room.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume due to allergies and sensitivities
- Yoga is a personal journey, so please be respectful and mindful of others in the class. The class is not suitable for children, please make arrangements for their care.
- The studio is a mobile free zone. Please ensure your phone is set to ‘do not disturb’ or don’t bring it to class.
- Allow yourself enough time to be settled before the class begins.
- If the class has begun, please enter quietly so as not to disturb anyone.
- Please provide 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend class.
What you will need:
- Yoga mat
- Blanket or Shawl
- Cushion for under your knees to support your lower back for meditation (optional)
- Eye pillow (optional)
- Drink bottle
When booking a class with Gentle Spirit Yoga you acknowledge and accept responsibility for your own wellbeing and health. You agree to take full responsibility for not exceeding your limits and for any injury or discomfort. You agree to practice Ahimsa – do no harm to self or others. You agree to consult your doctor with any concerns prior to commencing. You agree to not partake in any practice not considered suitable for your current state of health or mind.