Covid update: In-studio attendance is available. In the event of lockdowns classes will be available on zoom only until the restriction is lifted. A Yoga and Meditation class recording will be available if you are unable to attend or due to cancellation of a class. This virus has taken a toll on all of us, so take each day moment by moment, honour how you feel and seek support. I will continue to provide you with the best possible experience that I am capable of, through the holistic practices on offer. Thank you for your patience, understanding, care and support.
Classes can be booked by contacting me, all the details are below. Please take the time to read all the information. Let me know if you have any questions.
Yoga & meditation: 90min
A holistic and gentle class for women. Breathe, move and meditate with me through the exploration of pranayama (breath), asana (postures) and meditation under the guidance of the Eight Limbs of Yoga. Yoga is a holistic spiritual practice creating union. Peace, joy and connection and that can only be awakened by looking within through observation, acceptance, surrender and compassion to arrive at the present moment of being one with the breath. Meditation is a very popular part of the class ranging between 20-30 minutes duration. Here you will be guided on a journey to the place between breath where all is quiet and still. Where you become the witness, the observer of your experience. Relaxing body and mind while encompassing Spirit. Surrendering into Being. You will need to bring a mat, blanket (shawl and cushion optional).
Class available in-studio and on Zoom:
- 10 week term: $200.00
- Casual: $25.00
Sound bath meditation: 60min
Close your eyes and surrender to shavasana (laying down) to be swept away on a meditative journey through sound and vibration. Along with my beautiful quartz crystal singing bowls I like to blend the gentle melody of the Koshi chime and the grounding beat of the buffalo drum. The sound bath is a unique, special and beautiful experience that can be deeply moving on many levels. Think of it as a massage for your soul as energy centres (chakras) are opened and blockages released to awaken and restore balance within. You will need a mat to lay on, blanket or shawl to cover yourself with and an eye pillow (optional).
Class available in-studio:
- Friday: 9.00am
- 6th August
- 17th September
- Cost per class: $25.00
Mantra meditation: 60min
We will be exploring a mantra, its meaning, interpretation and chant together (japa). The session begins with the chanting of the peace (shanti) mantra ‘Om Sahana’ as a blessing as well as the chosen mantra. You will be provided with a copy of the mantra for reference and to keep. There are 4 ways in which mantra can be practiced – audibly, whispering, silently and written. Depending on the length of the mantra, we will be practicing the first three. This is an opportunity to explore the sound and vibration of this wonderful meditation practice and the many benefits that mantra has to offer including anchoring and calming the mind. No experience is necessary and no singing ability required. It’s about awakening and expressing your own voice without expectation or judgement and joining in when you feel ready. This is a seated class. There are many ways to sit to support your body – cross legged, legs out in front of you and leaning against a wall. Another option is to bring a folding chair (beach chairs are great) or stool if you are unable to sit comfortably on the floor. Find the right position to support your body. I also encourage a gentle rocking motion of your upper body to ease any discomfort and to support your back. You will notice how your body naturally wants to move with the chanting of the mantra. This also helps to move energy within your body and free up any blockages. You will need to bring a cushion or blanket to sit on, a water bottle and a shawl to drape around you (optional).
Class available in-studio and on Zoom
- Friday: 9am
- 16th July – Balance your chakras (energy centre). Mantra: Lam Vam Ram Yam Ham Om…
- 27th August –
- Cost per class: $25.00
Private session: 60min
Private sessions are a great way to personalise and strengthen your yoga and or meditation practice and to also address any day to day concerns such as dealing with stress, anxiety and depression. Perhaps you would like to learn to meditate or find the right style of meditation for you. Or would you like to explore asana (postures) and get a better understanding and connection with your body. Maybe your breathing habits need addressing to enable a deeper and more nourishing relaxed breath. Or perhaps you would like a private sound bath meditation. Give me a call to discuss your needs and together we can create a session/s that meets your needs and book a time that suits you.
Private sessions are available in-studio and on Zoom.
- By appointment Monday – Friday
- Contact Gwynn to book a time:
- M: 0409970379
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $60.00 1:1
Participating, when & where:
- Summer term: 23/01/21 – 01/04/21 (10 weeks)
- Autumn term: 21/04/21 – 26/06/21 (10 weeks)
- Winter term: 10/07/21 – 18/09/21 (10 weeks) NB: No class Saturday 04/09/21
- Spring term: 06/10/21 – 15/12/21 (10 weeks) NB: No class Wednesday 27/10/21
The yoga studio is situated at 294A Napier Street, Bendigo, opposite Lake Weeroona, (down the service road behind Bendigo Animal Hospital). For online participants, please make sure you have access to the Zoom platform.
Book a class:
- Please contact Gwynn to check availability and book classes.
- M: 0409970379
- E: email@example.com
- Payment for your class is required as part of the booking process. Account details are supplied with your booking.
- Please provide me with your mobile and email so I am able to contact you with class information.
- Always remember to check your junk/spam folder incase correspondence has gone astray.
- Classes can be joined at any time during the term. Please contact me to establish the weeks remaining and cost.
- Important information:
- As a bonus for all bookings an audio recording of a meditation for you to keep will be emailed to you each week. I recommend saving them to a file for future use.
- Classes are valid for the current term only.
- Yoga classes are recorded so if you are unable to attend in-studio or on Zoom a recording of a class can be emailed to you and are available for viewing for a limited time.
- In-studio classes can attend on Zoom if you are unwell or unable to come into the studio.
- I would be grateful if you could provide me with 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend class as this helps me with preparation and planning.
- Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page before booking a class.
Zoom classes are run side by side in-studio classes. Attending on Zoom enables you to still enjoy your yoga and meditation and catch up with our wonderful community in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Set the mood with a candle and some soft music in a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed. Grab your mat and a blanket and whatever else you need (check the ‘what you will need’ list at the bottom of the page) and enjoy some personal time to restore balance within.
Who is the class for?
I have designed the classes to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of women, to be energising, nourishing and restorative. Through the practice of Pranayama (breathing techniques), Asana (postures) and Meditation, balance is restored within. If a posture is challenging for someone I will seek to provide modification where possible to suit the needs of the individual. Where modification is unsuitable you will be encouraged to use visualisation. Please contact me with any questions or concerns. There are no pre-requisites to join a class as they are suitable for ladies who are beginners, familiar or experienced in the practice of yoga and meditation. The advantage of a small class (limited to five) is I am able to be mindful of each individual supporting you to feel part of the group. Together we care and support each other. It really is a class you can let go and relax.
Meditation is the practice of remaining present with whatever arises within, as the observer. Through accepting and allowing the present moment to unfold with a gentle awareness without resistance or grasping. To be aware of thoughts coming and going and noticing when your mind has pulled you out of awareness and into the story. To meditate is to sit in the essence of who you are warts and all, with love and compassion. It is said that prayer is talking to God/Spirit/Universe and that meditation is listening. It’s through listening that we awaken our inner guidance to live our best life.
There are many ways to meditate and I offer a variety of meditation practices to provide you with the knowledge and skills to find what works for you. We explore relaxation, visualisation and awareness meditations as well as moving meditation, postures (asana). Sound and vibration offer another form of meditation through the use of singing bowls, drum, tanpura, Koshi chimes and mantra (repetition of words or sound). Yoga Nidra is also another form of meditation and relaxation practice that promotes the withdrawal of the senses (Pratyahara) from external stimuli to maintain a quiet stillness within while our consciousness remains alert through concentration (Dharana), known as the state between sleep and wakefulness. This promotes a deep state of physical, mental and emotional relaxation within the body and mind, leaving you feeling calm, refreshed and mentally alert. Known as the yogic sleep, a twenty minute Yoga Nidra is said to be equivalent to two hours sleep.
- Covid-19 protocol is to be followed at all times, including QR code checkin, social distancing and hand washing/sanitising.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the room.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume in the studio due to allergies and sensitivities.
- Yoga is a personal journey, so please be respectful and mindful of others in the class. The class is not suitable for children, please make arrangements for their care.
- Please ensure your mobile is set to ‘do not disturb’.
- Whether on Zoom or in-studio, allow yourself enough time to be settled, making sure you have everything that you need before the class begins.
- If the class has begun, please enter quietly so as not to disturb anyone.
When booking a class with Gentle Spirit Yoga you acknowledge and accept responsibility for your own wellbeing and health. You agree to take full responsibility for not exceeding your limits and for any injury or discomfort. You agree to practice Ahimsa – do no harm to self or others. You agree to consult your doctor with any concerns prior to commencing. You agree to not partake in any practice not considered suitable for your current state of health or mind.