I know what it is like to go somewhere new or try something for the first time. Your mind is buzzing with lots of questions. So I have put together a list of some frequently asked questions. Hope this helps 🙂
Is the yoga class gentle?
- Yes. However we are all different so I encourage you to honour your body and practice within your own abilities as everyones definition of gentle is different.
Is the class suitable for beginners?
Do you run pre-natal classes?
- No, however my classes are suitable for all stages of pregnancy as I will monitor where you are at and make adjustments to the practice accordingly.
How many in a class?
- Limited to 5 per class.
Do I need to a yoga mat?
- Yes & a blanket.
Do I have to book a class?
- Yes. Yoga and meditation is booked by the term (usually 10 weeks). Casual attendance is also available. Please check the class information for attendance details.
Is it too late to join a class when the term has already started?
- No. Please contact me to discuss your options.
What if I can’t attend my class?
- A Zoom recording of a yoga and meditation class can be emailed to you.
How do I pay for classes?
- Internet banking/direct deposit. Account details will be supplied with your booking. Cash by arrangement.
I have trouble sitting cross legged. Does that matter?
- No. There are lots of ways you can sit.
Will yoga and meditation help my anxiety?
- Yes. One of the main areas I focus on is breath awareness and breathing techniques (Pranayama).
Will yoga and meditation help quiet my mind?
- Yes. The monkey mind will quiet down with practice.
I am not very flexible, does that matter?
- No. Over time your flexibility in both body and mind will increase.
Can I bring my child with me to class?
- No. The class is not suitable for children as it is a long time for them to sit quietly and wait.