Namaste beautiful soul, I offer a variety of holistic services within a serene and cosy yoga and meditation space both in-studio and on Zoom. Classes can be booked by contacting me (Gwynn), all the details are below. Please take the time to read the class information and let me know if you have any questions.
Caring for each other: If you are feeling unwell please stay home and take good care of yourself. The class will be recorded so you want miss out if you are sick or absent for any other reason. Or you may like to attend on Zoom instead. Within the studio the Yoga mats are adequately spaced apart and the windows are open for plenty of fresh air.
Thank you for taking the time to read through the information. And I look forward to sharing the wonderful practice of yoga with you.
Breathe and enjoy this time for yourself.
Love & blessings, Gwynn xo
Yoga & meditation for women: 90min
Class available in-studio and on Zoom:
- Wednesday: class temporarily closed
- please contact me if you are interested in joining this 9.30am class so it can reopen.
- Yoga Term 3:
- 07/07/22 – 24/09/22 (12 Weeks)
- Term: $240.00
- Casual: $25.00
I have designed the classes to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of women, to be energising, nourishing and restorative. Under the guidance of the Eight Limbs of Yoga you will practice Pranayama (breathing techniques), Asana (postures) and Meditation to restore balance within. Meditation is a very popular part of the class ranging between 20-30 minutes duration. Relaxing body and mind while encompassing Spirit to surrendering into Being.
You will need to bring a yoga mat, blanket (shawl and cushion optional). There are no pre-requisites to join a class as they are suitable for ladies who are beginners, familiar or experienced in the practice of yoga and meditation.
Sound bath meditation: 60min
Session available in-studio and on Zoom:
- Friday 29th July at 9am
- Friday 9th September at 9am
- Cost: $35.00 per session
Clear your energy and raise your vibration as your body, mind and spirit are swept away on a meditative journey through sound and vibration. Think of it as a massage for your soul as energy centres (chakras) are awakened and opened and blockages released to restore balance within. The sound bath is a unique and very special experience that can be deeply moving on many levels. You will be invited to surrender to shavasana (laying down) or you may be seated if you prefer. Here you will experience the sound and vibration of the beautiful crystal singing bowls along with the soft, gentle melody of the Koshi chimes and the grounding primal beat of the buffalo drum.
You will need to bring a mat to lay on and blanket or shawl to cover yourself with. Optional – a cushion for under your head and an eye pillow. Headphones recommended on Zoom. In-studio spots are limited to a small group. Please contact me to book your place.
Participating, when & where:
- Term 2: 27/04/22 – 25/06/22 (9 weeks)
- Term 3: 07/07/22 – 24/09/22 (12 weeks)
- Term 4: 05/10/22 – 17/12/22 (11 weeks)
- Term 1: 28/01/23 – 06/04/23 (10 weeks)
The yoga studio is situated at 294A Napier Street, Bendigo, opposite Lake Weeroona, (down the service road behind Bendigo Animal Hospital). For online participants, please make sure you have access to the Zoom platform.
Book a class:
- Please contact Gwynn to check availability and book classes.
- M: 0409970379
- E: email@example.com
- Payment for your class is required as part of the booking process. Account details will be supplied.
- Please provide me with your mobile and email so I am able to contact you with class information.
- Always remember to check your junk/spam folder incase correspondence has gone astray.
- Classes can be joined at any time during the term. Please contact me to establish the weeks remaining and cost.
- Important information:
- As a bonus for all bookings an audio recording of a meditation for you to keep will be emailed to you each week. I recommend saving them to a file for future use.
- Yoga classes are recorded so if you are unable to attend in-studio or on Zoom a recording of a class can be emailed to you and is available for viewing for one week.
- Bookings and payment are valid for the current term. They are not transferable.
- I would be grateful if you could provide me with 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend class as this helps me with preparation and planning.
- Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page before booking a class.
Zoom classes are run side by side in-studio classes. Attending on Zoom enables you to still enjoy your yoga and meditation and catch up with our wonderful community in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Set the mood with a candle and some soft music in a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed. Grab your mat and a blanket and whatever else you need (check the ‘what you will need’ list at the bottom of the page) and enjoy some personal time to restore balance within.
Meditation is the practice of remaining present with whatever arises within, as the observer. Through accepting and allowing the present moment to unfold with a gentle awareness without resistance or grasping. To be aware of thoughts coming and going and noticing when your mind has pulled you out of awareness and into the story. To meditate is to sit in the essence of who you are warts and all, with love and compassion. It is said that prayer is talking to God/Spirit/Universe and that meditation is listening. It’s through listening that we awaken our inner guidance to live our best life. It is through the regular practice of meditation that a quiet place of calm and stillness arises within. From here we are better able to navigate our daily lives.
There are many ways to meditate and I offer a variety of meditation practices to provide you with the knowledge and skills to find what works for you. We explore relaxation, visualisation and awareness meditations as well as moving meditation, postures (asana). Sound and vibration offer another form of meditation through the use of singing bowls, drum, tanpura, Koshi chimes and mantra (repetition of words or sound). Yoga Nidra is also another form of meditation and relaxation practice that promotes the withdrawal of the senses (Pratyahara) from external stimuli to maintain a quiet stillness within while our consciousness remains alert through concentration (Dharana), known as the state between sleep and wakefulness. This promotes a deep state of physical, mental and emotional relaxation within the body and mind, leaving you feeling calm, refreshed and mentally alert. Known as the yogic sleep, a twenty minute Yoga Nidra is said to be equivalent to two hours sleep.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the room.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume in the studio due to allergies and sensitivities.
- Yoga is a personal journey, so please be respectful and mindful of others in the class. The class is not suitable for children, please make arrangements for their care.
- Please ensure your mobile is set to ‘do not disturb’.
- Whether on Zoom or in-studio, allow yourself enough time to be settled, making sure you have everything that you need before the class begins.
- If the class has begun, please enter quietly so as not to disturb anyone.
When booking a class with Gentle Spirit Yoga you acknowledge and accept responsibility for your own wellbeing and health. You agree to take full responsibility for not exceeding your limits and for any injury or discomfort. You agree to practice Ahimsa – acting with kindness through doing no harm to self or others. You agree to consult your doctor with any concerns prior to commencing. You agree to not partake in any practice not considered suitable for your current state of health or mind.